Friday, December 13, 2013

Protection amidst the fire!

The more I grow in the Lord the more I've learned to guard myself from other's opinions. Although they may be a Believer in Christ too and may have good intentions - when we hear and listen to the Lord - GREATER is received.

For many months I did not have a spirit of Peace about a particular situation. I couldn't actually put words to "what" it was. I just knew there wasn't Peace with pursuing further into the opportunity.  It seemed different than "fear" - just unsettling and disturbing and bothersome in my spirit.  I had some conversations with a few of my mentors and still could not target the issue.

I "released" it to the Lord and made the decision to rest in the fact that "God's got it" and  I don't need to try to micro-manage God and His GREATNESS!

As a Believer  in Christ when we get "saved" and "born again" we become as Christ (remember in scripture where it says the old man moves out and the new one moves in).  Our spirits "know" things before our mind and our mouth can call it out.

During this time there were some people in my circle of influence that struggled with my decision to not pursue this particular opportunity.   At times the pressure was actually pretty intense.

I would, again, get in  the Word (study, speak and believe) and rest in what  I believed I was hearing from God. I refused to become anxious because doing so releases fear and fear (obviously) is the opposite of Faith.  There would be times that it was an "on purpose" effort to remain in Faith and rebuke frustration.

I recall a prayer one day . . .
"Lord, I believe I'm hearing you say 'no' and if this is not You, then knock me out with Your direction and will for me in this".

Some times I get a profound Word!  Often times it's plain, clear and loud.   This was not one of those times. There was just Peace in my "no".  So I stood and waited.

Actually, I released it to the point that I would forget about it. Every now and then someone would bring it up and I would remind them "I just don't have Peace about it".

So, against many other's  opinions.  I did not move forward and I waited . . . for a year!

PRAISE REPORT!!

Well let me tell you.  It was just revealed how much the Lord PROTECTED  me in this situation and why!!

Hallelujah!!  PRAISE God!!  Thank You Jesus!!  Glory! Glory!

He protected me spiritually!  Emotionally!  Physically!  And financially!

I'm Praising Him!  I'm thanking Him!  And I'm sharing this testimony with you to encourage you to hang on!!   If God is telling you "no" or "wait" or "not yet" -
 it's because He Loves you.  He is protecting you!  TRUST Him!  Wait for Him. He has greater things for you.

He is NOT punishing you!  He is PROTECTING you!  He has GREATER for you!


Galatians 1:10
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.


When pressure comes and the Peace of God is not in you; stand strongly and confidently and proclaim . . .
"i am One . . . who hears the voice of the Lord and I trust Him and His divine timing and GREATER in my life"!

No comments:

Post a Comment